SIDECUT WC File Guide w/ Sidewall Kit
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
Want one tool that sharpens your edges & easily removes your sidewalls?
Try a SIDECUT World Cup FILE GUIDE with our Sidewall Adapter Kit:
- Cleverly designed to be two tools in one for those of you who don't want the expense of buying two separate tools to remove sidewall and sharpen your edges. Saves space in your tuning kit too!
- The SIDECUT ADAPTER KIT is so necessary because it's used for removing the sidewall creating the necessary clearance which allows you to sharpen the edges at your desired angle. Therefore, it must be used prior to proper side-edge sharpening whenever interference occurs. If not removed sidewalls will interfere with the file or stones ability to contact the steel edge making in impossible to sharpen.
- The adapter kit comes with anodized aluminum holder, stainless steel pin, carbide cutter of your choice and it's easily attachable/detachable with two screws & allen keys included.
- All of our File Guides are made of the highest quality aluminium and machined to the strictest tolerances because accuracy is essential.
- WC guides come with a stainless steel anti-friction glide plate, are heavier, wear much better than regular guides and feel nicer in the hand.
- Guides are colour anodised and laser embossed specifying the degree of angle and won't wear from use.
- Our guides come in 91, 92, 93, 94 and 95 degree increments which give you a side-edge bevel of 89, 88, 87, 86 and 85 degrees respectively or in other words a 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 degree side-edge angle.
- Our suggested 'default' and the most popular side-edge bevel for all skiers and snowboarders is 92 or 2 degrees.
- You will certainly see and feel the superior quality once you use one.
Remember to choose your Sidewall cutter. Here are some guidelines:
- The Round Standard cutter (gold) is typically used for 'sandwich' construction skis. They are more universal than square cutters and work well on all sidewalls and particularly for those new to removing their sidewalls.
- The Round Sharp cutter (grey) have a sharper edge and therefore work amazingly well on certain brands, typically harder sidewalls found on competitive skis & boards.
- The Square cutter is typically used for 'cap' construction skis however it also works well on all types of skis and boards especially if you're naturally skilled with your hands.
*Spare cutters as well as stainless steel shafts can be purchased separately for those who have different types of ski and boards and require different cutters.*
Tip: adding a Trigger Clamping System to this tool is the most accurate and safest way to clamp your stone and files to your File Guide and can be mounted left or right-handed.